in Study Abroad
CDC offers a unique approach to train our students through intensive Career Guidance under different programs of Self Development Program (SDP), Secrets of Success (SoS), Career Support Program (CSP) and Campus to Corporate (C2C) at different levels and in different functional areas with a vision to make them competitive for the job market.
The motto of CDC is Creating Global Citizens. Globalization is changing the way the world works, and employers are increasingly looking for workers who have cross‐cultural competence and cutting‐edge technical skills. International experience is one of the most important components of a 21st century resume. Therefore there is a tendency among the students to study a certain period outside.
Moreover, the human capacity to learn and to make sense of one’s own environment is an indispensable tool. This capacity is the aim of education, which in turn reflects the relationships with one’s self, with others and with the world at large. Globalization in particular demands entirely new competencies from this generation. They are part of a networked global society and their task is to comprehend the various relationships within this society. Societies are undergoing radical change at all levels. The era of pure capitalistic thinking and doing is coming to an end. And there are already plenty of examples of successful enterprises that define new values. In order to prepare the graduating students to be fit for the future it is necessary to fundamentally rethink learning. The so-called “Career Development Center-CDC” is faced with the challenge of questioning the inheritance received from their forefathers and to bring the two extremes of poverty and wealth to a common denominator.
CDC will facilitate YOU:
- To encourage and facilitate domestic and international employment by providing the global career seeker with everything he/she needs to know to make an informed decision.
- To deliver useful and unique material that is hand gathered at its source—not just compiled from other Internet sources.
- To deliver information that is locally-specific in detail but global in its perspective;
- To deliver a quality product that is constantly expanding to meet the specific needs of the global job seeker.
- To never forget that experiencing another culture is the first step towards becoming one global community.
Therefore Career Development Center (CDC) of Daffodil International University would like to initiate some student Exchange Programs through International Internship Placement, Summer Program and Scholarship programs through an association with some selected Global Placement Agencies. We are closely working with the following organization in this regard:
- International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE)
- Global Knowledge Initiative (GKI)
- Cultural Vistas
- METI (Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry) Global Internship Program through HIDA (HR and Industry Development Association) and JETRO
- American Chamber of Commerce in Bangladesh (Amchem)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), India
- KAFFMAN Fast Trace, USA (For Entrepreneurship Development Program)
- Employability Skills Development Program through The Future Leaders Ltd (TFLL), UK
- Professional Skills Development Program (PEP) through New Delhi India
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- Global Recruiters Network, Inc (GRN)
- Inter-exchange Career Training USA
- Intrax, USA Internship Program (for NewYork, San Francisco & Other U. S. cities)
- Housing Anywhere(The free International Housing Platform for Exchange & Internship Students
For your kind perusal, a brief about Daffodil International University is given as below:
With the approval of the Ministry of Education, Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh
( under the Private University Act of 1992 and its amendment in 1998), Daffodil International University (DIU) started its academic programs on 24th January, 2002 initially with two faculties, namely Faculty of Business and Economics and Faculty of Science and Information Technology.
Now, with more than 13 years of experiences, Daffodil International University today combines impressive modern facilities and a dynamic approach to teaching and research with its proud heritage of service and achievement. It is our pleasure to let you know that 14000 plus students are currently studying Thirty One (31) different programs under 05 Faculties.
DIU believes in quality and genuine education and also aware about the phenomenon of genuine and quality education which reflects our university prestige. It is our pride in a recent evaluation of a high powered committee of Ministry of Education has evaluated DIU is one of the top graded among the 54 private universities in Bangladesh.
DIU has established Overseas Campuses at California, USA; and at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We aredevoted to provide quality education in tertiary level in different countries with best services one can expect. On the other hand, DIU has established to operate linkage programs with Eighty
Two (82) renowned foreign universities.
It is mention‐able that recently we introduced 04 year's Graduation Program named Bachelor of
Entrepreneurship (BE) for the 1st Time in the history of Bangladesh with the vision of creating more Entrepreneurs for the growth of country’s economy and creating employment opportunities. Besides these DIU is also focused on ICT Education. Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is the one of the largest department in DIU. Recently DIU won the WITSA Global ICT Excellence Award‐2014 which is one of the remarkable achievement.